Created in August 2009
This alfresco outdoor entertaining landscape was designed to immediately complement a newly constructed house. Built in August 2009, the images you see here are from December 2011, two years later. This garden has established nicely (which is always a consideration).
In addition to an external kitchen and bar, there’s a recreational area for the kids providing a basketball ring and synthetic grass putting green.
The striking clay warrior is authentic – shipped from China.
This garden is featured in two magazines, Backyard Garden & Design Ideas plus Best Outdoors Magazine. Download the full articles here:
- 140mm hardwood decking
- 70-90-140-90-70mm hardwood screens
- 800 x 400mm concrete flagstones
- 20-30mm Yea river pebbles
- Drought tolerant Buffalo ‘King’s Pride’
- Yucca elephantipes and Mondo grass
- Agave attenuata and Liriope ‘Evergreen Giant’
- Acer palmatum ‘Senkaki’ and Stachys lanata ‘Lambs Ears’
- Westringia ‘Wynyabbie Gem’
Two low bowls spill water gently into ponds, while subtle lighting highlights the water and tree features. Stack stone feature panels match the front of the house, and a wide hardwood front fence makes a seamless landscape transition from the front to the back of the property.